Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Independent Study Project

I took an Independent Study this past semester with my screenprinting teacher, Marisha Simons, and made this book. It is 9 spreads (20 pages total) printed front and back, 5 colors, in an edition of 30 on French's paper. The title was printed with a linoleum block, in two runs, because I didn't like the original M, and it was an afterthought (whoops). It was more work than anything else I'd done the entire year, but I feel like I learned more by doing it than anything else I've done all year. Enjoy. Select copies will soon be available for sale on my etsy and at the Punk Rock Flea Market(July 10),so check back soon!



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous as per usual! (not to sound creepy but i became a big fan when you first made cat art. that's all it took)
    i REALLY like that the title on the front in green almost looks like a linocut because of the little imperfections (that i am sure were intentional) around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, it is a linocut. i completely forgot to mention that

    ReplyDelete